David Duggleby Removals and Storage will ensure that your move is seamless and stress free on the day. But there are a couple of things we can’t do for you. Use this check-list to make sure you’ve got these covered.
ONE MONTH BEFORE MOVE
- Arrange and confirm the dates as far in advance as possible.
- Order any packing materials you may require, we can provide everything you might need.
- Get rid of anything you don’t want, ask about our auction rooms and disposal services.
TWO WEEKS BEFORE MOVE
- Update standing orders or direct debits as well as any loan agreements.
- Complete section 1 of your Driving Licence and return it to the DVLA.
- Complete the change of address section on your cars registration document.
- Notify your utility providers and other service providers of your new address, i.e.
- TV Licence
- Telephone\mobile phone providers
- Private Healthcare
- Pension providers
- Local Authorities
- Start running down fridges and freezers and then defrost them prior to the day.
- Clear the loft unless we have agreed to do so.
- Sort out the contents of your garage and drain fuel from lawnmowers etc.
- Have TV aerials or satellite dishes removed if they are a part of the move.
- Prepare any plants for transit.
- Make arrangements for children and pets to be cared for during the day of the move.
- Settle any accounts with milkmen, papers and window cleaners.
- Start to pack non-essential items; we can supply removal boxes with room identification markings to make it easy to unpack what you need first at the other end.
- Set aside an area marked ‘do not move’ for coats, handbags, snacks, tools and cleaning materials.
1 DAY BEFORE MOVE
- Empty, drain and disconnect tumble dryers, washing machines and dishwashers. Ask if you require us to do this for you.
- If you are packing yourself get everything finished and ready to go.
- Get some refreshments prepared for the move day to keep you going and plan your evening meal, take-away is a good idea.
ON THE DAY OF THE MOVE
- Remove all your bedding and make sure it is clearly labelled to allow you to get it straight out again in your new home.
- If items are going into storage remember to retain any important documentation.
- Show the removal team around the property and show them anything that is NOT going with you.
- Before leaving take final meter readings and arrange for the key transfer.
- Check around the entire property with the removal team to ensure that nothing has been left behind.
- Get to your new property before the removal team to let them in.
- Show the removal team around so that they know where things are going; maybe label the entrance door to each room.
If you need any further advice, or would like to book a removal quotation, please contact us on 01723 507111, or you can get in touch by email.